|CRICOS Course Code
||ELICOS – General English
• Improve your communicative English by developing an understanding of grammar and vocabulary,
• Develop critical thinking and independent learning skills, which are an integral part of academic life,
• Develop your presentation, group work and spoken conversation skills,
• Improve your listening, reading and writing skills.
We ensure you are correctly matched to the appropriate English Proficiency Level and receive all the necessary skills needed for a
smooth transition into other certificate and diploma courses at the Alpha Institute or other Institutions.
Total course Duration:
Your course duration may vary depending on your current level of English language proficiency. The course
duration may vary from 10 weeks to 30 weeks.
Course enrolment takes place every 4 weeks (every month). You can start any time of the year that suits you best.
There are 20 hours per week of face-to-face tuitions. Classes run in 4 shift blocks. You will be assigned either one of
the day, evening or weekend shift. Day classes are either Monday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Friday, Evening classes run
Monday to Friday and Weekend classes run on Saturdays and Sundays.
All classes are delivered at Unit 1, 17 – 23 Oatley Court, Canberra ACT 2617 and Level 1, 68 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW 2150
Alpha Institute’s Sydney Parramatta and Canberra campus from Monday to Sunday.
Class timetables are posted on Alpha Institute’s noticeboard every five weeks.
All course fees are listed in Australian Dollars (AUD).
ELIC0S – General English Course: $8,400 maximum course fee ($280 per week x 30 weeks)
Enrolment fee (one time): $250
Material fee (one time): $210
*These are the current fees for 2020 and may be subject to change over the duration of a course without notice.
There are no entry requirements for General English courses. You will be offered a General English class based on the placement results conducted by Alpha Institute onsite. Any international student over the age of 18 is eligible to enrol in our ELICOS – General English course.
Complete your application
• We will need an evidence of your English and of your current English Proficiency level, however, if you do not have one,
you can sit free-of-charge placement test offered by Alpha Institute.
• Complete the application form.
• If applicable, attach all the required documents.
• Attach all the additional documents (if applicable).
Submit your application
• Submit the application to Alpha Institute representatives or send your complete application by email, or by post to:
Level 1, 68 Macquarie Street,
Parramatta, NSW, 2150, Australia
Receive your offer letter
• If you are successful, you will receive an offer letter via email. The offer letter will indicate the course duration, tuition
fees, and the course commencement date.
• Deposit the fee,
• Get your visa-length health cover,
• Apply for your student visa (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500)